Fool for Love
All entrants will receive score sheets and feedback from first round judges by June 12th.
Fee: $30/current VRW members; $35/non-members; $5 discount (max) for first-round judges
Accepting Dates: March 1, 2018 9am-April 2, 2018 9am
- All categories, except the Published Author category, are open to entrants who have not published and are not contracted in any novel-length fiction.
- All work must be the author’s original work that has never been published in any form ever, and has not been contracted for publication prior to the entry deadline of April 1, 2018. This applies to all entries, including entries in the Published Author category.
- Authors who have been published or contracted for novel-length fiction, including e-books by any publisher and/or has self-published at least one book are considered published. These authors are eligible for the Published Author category only.
- The actual entries, however, must never have been published nor be under contract prior to the deadline of April 1, 2018.
- Previous 1st place winners MAY NOT re-enter the winning entry, even in edited format. They may, however, enter another work. Previous 2nd and 3rd place entries are eligible for entry, revision encouraged.
- It is not a requirement to have a finished novel-length manuscript in order to enter this contest.
- The beginning of the manuscript up to 7500 word maximum entry (approximately 30 pages) submitted electronically.
- A prologue may be included as long as the entry does not exceed 7500 words.
- NO SYNOPSIS.
- Each manuscript may be entered in only one category, but an author may submit multiple entries.
- Finalists will have an opportunity to read first-round feedback and revise entry for final round.
Categories & Final Round Judges:
Long Contemporary: ALLISON LYONS, HARLEQUIN
Historical Romance: JENNIE CONWAY, ST. MARTIN’S PRESS
Romantic Suspense: TAYLOR HAGGERTY, ROOT LITERARY
Short Contemporary Romance: MICHELLE GRAJKOWSKI, AGENT, 3 SEAS
Young Adult Romance: ALETHEA SPIRIDON, ENTANGLED PUBLISHING
Dark Paranormal Romance: SARA MEGIBOW, AGENT, KT LITERARY
Light Paranormal Romance: ANN LESLIE TUTTLE, AGENT, DYSTEL,GODERICH & BOURRET LLC
New Adult Romance: GABRIELLE KELLY, GRAND CENTRAL PUBLISHING
Published Author: SUE GRIMSHAW, PENGUIN/RANDOM HOUSE
First Round Judges: Published and Trained romance authors
Final Judges: Editors and Agents
1st Place in each category – $50 plus ONE free manuscript entry into either of VRW’s annual contests; 2nd and 3rd place will receive a certificate and free entry in next year’s FOOL FOR LOVE contest.